Changes that may affect your Council Tax Band

Your property may be put in a different band in some circumstances, for example:

  • you demolish part of your property and do not rebuild it
  • you alter your property to create 2 or more self-contained units
  • you split a single property into self-contained flats
  • you convert flats into a single property
  • alterations and/or extensions to a property by a previous owner and it has subsequently been sold
  • if there has been an error and it is found the current band is not that which should have been shown on the List (bands can be either increased or decreased in this instance)
  • changes to “part-residential” subjects where there is a domestic element in a non-domestic subject, such as a Guest House or Hotel etc.